<< All Recipes
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp ground red pepper
- 4 oz filet mignon (or any lean beef)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 small can mushroom (sliced, drained)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups arugula (chopped)
- Mix cocoa powder and red pepper together on a small plate. Coat both sides of meat in mixture.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Place beef in skillet and sear for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Add beef broth and simmer for 6 to 10 minutes, depending on how rare you like your meat. Remove beef and set aside on a cutting board.
- Add mushrooms, olive oil, and vinegar to broth and juices in skillet and simmer until warm.
- Arrange arugula on plates. Slice beef into thin slices and lay on top of lettuce; top with mushrooms and pan juices. Serve warm.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|